- To reach the world with the gospel of the Lord Jesus Christ. To see people know God, make disciples for Christ, build Godly community and change the world for Jesus and His kingdom. (2 Peter 3:18, John 17:3, Proverbs 8:17).
- To raise a Holy assembly of Christians having great faith in the birth, redemption work, death, resurrection and second coming of our Lord Jesus Christ (Isaiah 9:6, John 1:14,John 3:16, 1 Thessalonians 5:1–6).
- To raise a prosperous and consecrated people evangelizing everywhere and anywhere for Christ (I Peter 2:9, Mark 16:15-17).
- To teach and encourage the true practice of Bible standard for young converts and everyone and upholding the true gospel of Christ as entrenched in the Bible for the salvation of the souls of men and helping them to grow and mature in manifesting an unwavering Godly character till the end which is made perfect in us through our saviour and Lord Jesus Christ. (Galatians 5:22-23, Philippians 4:8, Romans 12:2, 2 Peter 1:5-7, Colossians 3:12-15, Romans 5:8, Matthew 6:33).
- To believe and enjoy the absolute prosperous life of abundance which Jesus has redeemed for us. John 10:10 and also, serve and worship God in Spirit and in Truth (John 4: 23-24).
- To teach and bolster Godly – Christian standards for singles’ relationship and married Couple to have better home and leadership growth. (1 Peter 1:22, 2 Timothy 2:22, 1 Corinthians 13:13).
- To impact life positively by rendering biblical spiritual encouragement and supports for Widows/Widowers and less privilege people in the society. (Proverbs 19:17, Galatians 6:2, Hebrews 13:16, John 15:12, Matthew 5:16, Matthew 5:42, Proverbs 3:27).
- Discipleship Class – 7:30 am
- Workers’ Meeting – 7:30 am
- School of Ministry – 7:30 am
- Yoruba Sunday First Service: Starts at 7:30 am
- English Sunday Second Service: Starts at 9:00 am
- Breakthrough Services: Tuesdays and Thursdays at 10:00 am
BRIEF HISTORY OF ABUNDANT LIFE GOSPEL CHURCH
Abundant Life Gospel Church started on 23rd of August 1984 at Bishop Smith Primary School, Ilorin, Kwara State, Nigeria. The visionary, Late BISHOP KOLA GIDEON ONAOLAPO, a graduate of Chemistry at the Ahmadu Bello University, Zaria, had a visitation by God first in 1983. When he was fasting and waiting on the Lord. Jesus walked into his room, touched his palms and he experienced something like an electric shock and a voice said “Go into the whole world and preach the Gospel”. (Confirmed in Mark 16:15)
In 1984, the Church started at Ilorin and in October 1991 a new work began in Lagos, which had received the blessings of God and has its World Headquarters in the PEACE CENTRE, 69 Iju Road, Agege, Lagos on 8.3 Acres of Land. The Church has presence in many states of Nigeria through the concerted effort of members who relocated to other states and established branches of the Church. We have for instance Churches in Ibadan, Jebba, Lokoja (2 Churches), Ibafo, Ilorin, (5 Churches), Abuja. As at Year 2018, we have 14 branches; including Ogun State, Benin, Liberia and U.S.A. We welcome you to join this lovely family of Christ.
OUR CORE VALUES:
Abundantlifers are expected to be
- A Holy People.
- A people of Faith.
- A Prosperous people
- A People that Evangelize.
- The Bible is the inspired and the only infallible and authoritative word of God.
- That Godhead consists of three separate and distinct personalities, possessing separate distinct and recognizable qualities, perfectly united in one.
- That we believe in the virgin birth, sinless life, atoning death, triumphant resurrection, ascension and the abiding intercession of our Lord Jesus Christ,
- That all have sinned and come short of the glory of God and repentance is commanded of God and is necessary for the forgiveness if sin for all.
- That Justification, Regeneration and the new birth are done by faith in the blood of Jesus Christ.
- That Holiness is God’s standard for His people and without it one cannot get to God.
7. That water baptism is by total immersion and any person that repents should be baptized in the name of the Father, Son and Holy Spirit.
8. That baptism of the Holy Spirit with speaking in Tongue is for those who obey God and receive Jesus Christ as their Lord and saviour. It manifests after genuine repentance from sin.
9. That divine Healing and Health is provided for all through Christ’s atonement.
10. That the Lord supper was instituted by Jesus Christ so that all believers may partake thereof regularly to commemorate the Jesus’ death till He comes.
11. That the second coming of Christ is first, to resurrect the Righteous from death and take away (Rapture) the living Saints to meet him in the Air. Secondly, to Reign on Earth for a thousand year.
12. That Heaven and Hell are real.
For a full statement of our beliefs, Find below including detailed scriptural references.
Genesis 1:26-28; 2:15-25; 3:1-20; Exodus 20:12; Deuteronomy 6:4-9; Joshua 24:15; 1 Samuel 1:26-28; Psalms 51:5; 78:1-8; 127; 128; 139:13-16; Proverbs 1:8; 5:15-20; 6:20-22; 12:4; 13:24; 14:1; 17:6; 18:22; 22:6,15; 23:13-14; 24:3; 29:15,17; 31:10-31; Ecclesiastes 4:9-12; 9:9; Matthew 5:31-32; 18:2-5; 19:3-9; Mark 10:6-12; Romans 1:18-32; 1 Corinthians 7:1-16; Ephesians 5:21-33; 6:1-4; Colossians 3:18-21; 1 Timothy 5:8,14; 2 Timothy 1:3-5; Titus 2:3-5; Hebrews 13:4; 1 Peter 3:1-7